D&RG Boxcar #3010
Boxcar #3010 was Built by American Car and Foundry in St. Louis in 1904 and delivered to the Denver & Rio Grande that year. The D&RGW retired the car in 1970 and it was purchased without trucks by CarL Helfin in Alamosa, Colorado.
In the early 2000’s it was purchased by Mr. Don Shank of Monte Vista, Colorado and moved to Monte Vista. WRPS obtained #3010 in April 2012 and shipped it to McEwen.
It was placed on D&RG trucks on Nov 9, 2012 and was overhauled and painted by the WRPS and became serviceable in 2013.
Picture Gallery – click on image for larger view.